Today I am in the kitchen of food bloggers Adam and Ryan of HusbandsThatCook.com in beautiful Los Angeles! We made the most incredible mocktail EVER! It is filled with tons of amazing flavor from the vanilla beans, blackberries, ginger beer, and more! This is a mocktail that the kids and adults will love! It is perfect for any get-together or when you are just craving a delicious drink! We filmed a video in their kitchen making it. I had so much fun and I think you guys will love watching it!
Blackberry Vanilla Mojito Mocktail
For the lime mint sugar rim:
- 1/2 cup (100g) granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon chopped packed mint leaves
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lime zest (about 1 lime)
For the vanilla simple syrup:
- (makes 1 1/2 cups of vanilla simple syrup, enough for about 24 drinks)
- 1 cup (235ml) water
- 1 cup (200g) granulated sugar
- 1 vanilla bean
For each cocktail:
- 7 blackberries (about 30g)
- 2 large mint leaves
- 1/2 ounce (1 tablespoon / 15m1) freshly-squeezed lime juice, about 1/2 a lime
- 1/2 ounce (1 tablespoon / 15m1) vanilla simple syrup
- 1 1/2 ounces (3 tablespoons / 45m1) silver or gold tequila
- 4 ounces (1/2 cup/ 118m1) ginger beer
- lime mint sugar rim
- mint leaves and blackberries for garnish
Make the lime mint sugar:
- In a food processor, pulse the sugar, mint, and lime zest until the mint is finely minced. Use immediately, or transfer to a container for storage at room temperature for up to a week.
Make the vanilla simple syrup:
- In a small saucepan combine the water and sugar. Slice the vanilla bean lengthwise, then use a small paring knife to scrape the seeds out. Place the black seeds in the pan, then whisk briefly to break up any clumps. Add the bean pods, then place over medium-high heat, stirring to dissolve the sugar. When the mixture just approaches a simmer, remove the pan from heat, cover, and let steep until cool. Pour through a fine mesh strainer, and place in a bottle or jar for storage. The syrup will last for up to a week in the fridge.
Make the cocktail:
- Place a few tablespoons of lime mint sugar on a small plate. Rub the edge of an old-fashioned or highball glass with a cut lime, then invert the glass and rub the wet rim in the lime mint sugar, coating it evenly. Place the blackberries in the glass, then muddle them briefly. Add the 2 mint leaves and muddle them as well. Add the lime juice, vanilla syrup, and tequila, and stir. Add ice, then pour the ginger beer on top. Stir gently, then top with a mint leaf and a few blackberries. Enjoy!
© 2023 Eitan Bernath Productions, LLC.