This recipe combines my fudgiest-ever, one-bowl brownies with creamy, dreamy sweetened peanut butter for possibly the best brownie you’ll ever have. If you’ve ever eaten a Reese’s peanut butter cup and wished it was twice as big and three times as rich and decadent, this is the brownie for you!
Peanut Butter Swirl Brownies
1 hour, 10 minutes
For the Brownies
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 1 ½ cups semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1 ½ cups (300 grams) granulated sugar
- ¾ cup (150 grams) brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 ¼ (163 grams) cups all-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup (34 grams) cocoa powder
For the Peanut Butter Swirl
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup (132 grams) creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 350˚F. Grease and line a 9-inch pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Add butter and 1 cup chocolate chips to a large, heatproof bowl and place over a pot of simmering water to create a double boiler. Use a rubber spatula to stir constantly until chocolate and butter are just melted, 2-3 minutes, then remove bowl from heat.
- Add sugars, vanilla, and salt to the butter and chocolate mixture, then whisk vigorously to combine and cool mixture, 1-2 minutes. Whisk in eggs, one at the time, until well combined. Sift in flour and cocoa powder, and use a rubber spatula to fold in dry ingredients until a few streaks of flour remain, then add remaining ½ cup chocolate chips and mix until just combined.
- Add peanut butter swirl ingredients to a medium bowl and whisk vigorously until smooth. Set aside.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and spread into an even layer. Dollop peanut butter mixture evenly over top, then swirl it into the batter.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with a few moist crumbs.
- Cool for 1 hour before slicing and serving. Cooling can be accelerated by placing brownies into an ice bath.
© 2023 Eitan Bernath Productions, LLC.