I am cooking with Byron Talbott on my YouTube channel today! In this NEW video I am cooking up some Grilled Paneer Flatbreads in Byron’s home kitchen, based in Los Angelous. Byron is a culinary rockstar who showed me a new fun way to use the panner cheese that I love. I think you will really love the video too!
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 tsp dry active yeast
- 1 tsp sugar (or honey)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 bunch of sage, thyme, basil, and oregano
- 1 clove garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup paneer cheese, crumbled (Recipe on @ByronTalbott on IG)
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine the water and sugar, until dissolved. Add in the yeast and allow to proof for 5-10 minutes, until bubbly. Add in the olive oil, salt, and flour. Knead together with the dough hook attachment until it comes together into a ball of dough. Remove from the bowl and knead on a lightly floured surface for 5-7 minutes until it becomes a smooth dough. Transfer the dough to a large greased bowl, cover with a linen, and set aside to rise for 1 hour or until doubled in size.
- In the bowl of a food processor, pulse the olive oil, herbs, garlic, salt, and pepper, until it comes together to a chunky paste.
- Preheat the oven on the broiler setting and place a rack on the top of the oven. Cut the ball of pizza dough into two even pieces and roll each of them into thin rectangles. Grill each flatbread on a preheated grill or grill pan, until charred on both sides. Transfer the flatbreads onto a baking sheet. Spread the pesto onto the tops of the flatbreads. Top with the spinach, red onion, and paneer cheese. Place in the oven to broil until the paneer is nice and browned on top. Remove from the oven and serve hot.