Today I’m making pasta…BLINDFOLDED! Watch as I attempt to make the classic pappardelle (pasta recipe from Pasta Social Club!), with a creamy sauce and decadent truffles shaved all over the top. It’s an adventure, but a super tasty one!
Pappardelle with Black Truffles
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
For the Pappardelle
- 2 cups + 1 tablespoon ‘00’ flour 300 grams
- ¼ cup semola rimacinata or semolina flour 50 grams
- 3 whole eggs and 1-2 yolks depending on egg size, about 200 grams
For the Cream Sauce
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 4 ounces freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 ounces freshly grated fontina cheese
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Black truffles shaved
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Freshly ground black pepper
- In a large bowl, add flours and whisk well to combine. Dump onto a clean work surface and form a well in the center. Add eggs and using a fork, slowly whisk the flour into the eggs. Once a paste like consistency is achieved, use your hands to fold in the remaining flour. Knead the dough until it becomes a smooth, firm dough. Wrap tightly in plastic wrap and let it rest at room temperature for at least an hour.
- Line 2 sheet trays with parchment and lightly dust with semolina. Set aside.
- Cut the dough ball into 3 sections and return 2 to the plastic wrap. Lightly roll the dough out until it can fit through the widest setting of your pasta machine. Roll it to the 5th or 6th setting on a pasta machine.
- Cut the sheet into about 9-inch-long sections. Dust the surface of each piece on both sides with a bit of flour, then cut it into strips, about 1 inch wide. Lay them down in a single layer on the sheet tray, adding parchment on top, dusting with semolina if more is needed to stack pasta.
- Repeat with the remaining dough balls.
- When ready to cook the pasta, bring a large pot of water to a boil. Assertively salt the water, then add the pasta, cooking for 3-4 minutes, or until al dente. Reserve ½ cup pasta water, then drain the pasta and set it aside.
- In a very large skillet over medium heat, add all sauce ingredients and let the cheeses melt and the heavy cream gently heat. Do not allow the sauce to boil. Add pasta and gently toss with tongs to combine. If the sauce is too thick, add a few tablespoons of reserved pasta water until the correct consistency is achieved.
- Transfer pasta to 4-6 plates and top with shaved truffles, Parmesan cheese and black pepper.
Tried this recipe?Tag %eitan% on Instagram!