Anyone who knows me knows that I consider cookies their own food group. It sounds ridiculous to say it, but I consider cookies an essential part of my life. They’re the perfect chewy, slightly crunchy, and a compact treat to satisfy my ever-growing sweet tooth. I’ve done some more sophisticated cookies in the past (like my Mexican Chocolate Crinkle Cookies), but today I am sharing a super simple classic. M&M Sugar Cookies are easy to make and super versatile. You can swap out the M&Ms for any of your favorite chocolate treats!
M&M Sugar Cookies
- 2 sticks butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 1/4 cups brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups M&M
- Cream the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer with the paddle attachment. Add in the eggs and vanilla extract, then beat until fully combined. Pour in the flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder, then mix until it just comes together. Add in ¾ cup of the M&Ms and mix until fully incorporated.
- Cover the dough with plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Scoop out two tablespoon sized chunks of dough and roll into balls. Place the balls into a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes then take out of the oven and top each cookie with more M&Ms to cover most of the top. Bake for an additional minute then remove from the oven. Allow the cookies to sit on the baking sheet for a minute then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container for up to a week. Cookies are best within the first three days of baking.
© 2023 Eitan Bernath Productions, LLC.