I am known for my huge cookie obsession. Not a day goes by without me consuming at least one cookie. I eat practically all the cookies out there, chocolate chip, oatmeal, crinkle, you name it. Basically, if it’s a cookie I am here for it. But I’ll be honest, when my cookie cravings come on I don’t always want to wait for the butter to soften or to make a whole elaborate cookie. I need something super simple, but at the same time yummy and satisfying.
These Chocolate Dipped Peanut Butter cookies are exactly that. They come together in under 30 minutes and use only seven ingredients to make if you count the salt! To make it you literally just mix peanut butter, sugar, vanilla extract, and an egg together, roll the dough into balls, press them down with a form, sprinkle some seas salt on top, bake for 10 minutes, and boom your cookie cravings are satisfied. If you want to be fancy you can dip them in melted chocolate and top with some chopped peanuts, but this step is totally optional. Alright if you need me, I’m gonna go demolish these cookies!
Chocolate Dipped Peanut Butter Cookies
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- 1 cup peanut butter preferably chunky
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon flaky sea salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips melted
- ½ cup peanuts chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Place the racks in the upper and lower third of the oven.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix the peanut butter, sugar, egg, and vanilla, until fully combined. Spoon 2 tablespoon balls of the mixture about 1 inch apart onto baking sheets lined with parchment paper. Flatten the mounds slightly with your hands then again with the tines of a fork, making a crosshatch pattern on the cookies. Sprinkle a small pinch of flaky sea salt on top of the cookies.
- Bake until golden around the edges, about 10-12 minutes, switching the position of the sheets halfway through baking. Transfer the cookies immediately to cooling racks to cool. Repeat with the remaining dough.
- Place the melted chocolate and chopped peanuts into two separate bowls. Dip half of each of the cookies into the melted chocolate then place back on the cookie sheets lined with parchment paper. Sprinkle the chopped peanuts onto the chocolate covered side of the cookie. Repeat with all the cookies then set aside for about 20 minutes to solidify.