I’m in Los Angeles right now and it’s HOT! Just a few days ago it was 107 degrees! Crazy! When it’s super hot outside all I want is a big bowl of my homemade Salsa Verde with some fried tortilla chips. It’s the ultimate snack for any type of party, get-together, or just when you are craving some delicious salsa! You can watch me make this quick recipe in the video below and the exact measurements are right below it! Happy Summer!
- 1 lb tomatillos husked and rinsed
- 1 jalapeno
- ½ yellow onion
- ¼ cup cilantro
- 2 limes juice
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt plus more for sprinkling
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 6 corn tortillas each cut into 6 triangles
- Preheat a grill or grill pan on a high heat. Once hot, cook the tomatillos, onion, and jalapeño until they’re nicely charred all around, about 4 minutes per side.
- In a food processor, add the tomatillos, onion, cilantro, lime juice, salt, and your desired amount of jalapeno. Pulse until everything is combined and homogeneous. Pour the salsa into a serving bowl.
- In a large frying pan, heat up about ½ inch of oil. Fry the cut tortillas until golden brown then remove from the oil and sprinkle with salt.
- Serve the salsa with the freshly fried tortilla chips.