This recipe is a super duper easy dip that is SURE to impress your guests. It’s got not one, not two, but THREE cheeses in it, and it takes advantage of the incredible flavors of roasted jalapeno. You can add as many jalapenos as you want and keep or discard the seeds, so the amount of spice is totally in your control. Whipping up the cheeses in the food processor really helps bring out their flavor and gives it a delicious, easily dippable texture. The feta is salty and tangy, the cream cheese is rich, and the parmesan is nutty, salty, and super savory. I add even more flavor to really pack a punch, with garlic powder and smoked paprika, and of course, those delicious, charred jalapenos.
This dip is perfect for a Superbowl party, or really any gameday, and since the only thing I care about at any sporting event is the food, trust me when I tell you it’s the perfect thing to bring. You can even make this hours, or even a day, before your event and broil it just before your guests arrive. I may not be team whoever is playing, but I AM team Three Cheese Roasted Jalapeno Popper Dip!
1. No to Jalapeños?
You can always use less jalapeno and/or remove the seeds to knock the spice back, but you could also roast a milder pepper, like a poblano, and still get lots of delicious, charred pepper flavor without nearly as much heat.
2. Room Temperature Cheeses
Getting the feta and cream cheese to room temperature before putting them in the food processer is KEY to getting a great, whipped, dippable texture!
3. Make Ahead
Once assembled, this dip holds very well. You can make it hours or even a day ahead of your event, then broil it until it’s hot and bubbly right before your guests arrive!
Three Cheese Roasted Jalapeño Popper Dip
- 2 to 4 jalapeños based on spice preference
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 8 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 8 ounce block feta cheese room temperature
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese finely grated, divided
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Chips toast points or crackers, for serving
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Place jalapeños on a sheet pan and drizzle oil over top, tossing lightly to coat in oil. Then roast until dark brown and tender, 25-30 minutes, turning once halfway through.
- Set aside to cool slightly, then roughly chop, discarding stems.
- In a food processor, combine cream cheese, feta, ½ cup Parmesan and pepper on low speed until well mixed, 30 seconds to 1 minute. Scrape mixture down with a rubber spatula, then add jalapeños, smoked paprika, and garlic powder, and pulse 6 to 8 times, until spices are well distributed but distinct pieces of jalapeño remain.
- Preheat oven to broil.
- Scrape mixture into a baking dish (9×5 for a thicker dip, or 8×8 for a thinner dip), spread into an even layer, and sprinkle with remaining ½ cup parmesan cheese. Place under broiler until top is golden and bubbly, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Serve warm with chips, toast points, or crackers.