If you know me, then you know potatoes are an entire food group for me. I love french fries, mashed potatoes, baked potatoes, samosas; you name it, and I love it! One of my favorite secrets to making delicious roasted potatoes is a two-step cooking process that ensures an evenly cooked inside and perfectly crunchy outside. First, I par-boil the potatoes, so they all have a soft interior, then I roast then until nicely golden brown exterior. To add a ton of great flavor, I top them with garlic, freshly grated parmesan, and some parsley. Let me just say this recipe technically serves 3-4 people, but you will want to eat it all yourself! YOU WERE WARNED!
Garlic Parmesan Roasted Potatoes
- 6 russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 8 garlic cloves, diced
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup fresh parsley
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Farenhight.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add in the potatoes and cook for 6-7 minutes, until a fork can easily pierce through. Pour the potatoes through a strainer to remove all the water.
- Place the potatoes on a large baking sheet and top with the olive oil and kosher salt. Using your hands, mix around the potatoes to completely coat in olive oil. Bake for 30-40, flipping the potatoes occasionally, until all slides are golden brown. Sprinkle the diced garlic all over the potatoes, during the last 5 minutes of cooking.
- Once the potatoes are fully cooked, transfer to a large bowl. Top with parmesan cheese and parsley. Toss the mixture together then serve.
© 2023 Eitan Bernath Productions, LLC.