To say I am currently obsessed with this garlic cream sauce would be an understatement! Let’s just say every time I have had any leftover pasta from this “Perfecting Pasta” series, I’ve quickly whipped up some of this sauce to eat it with. Not only is it packed with flavor, creamy, and cheesy, but it takes only 5-6 minutes to make and uses barely any ingredients. It’s garlicky flavor and hits of spice from the chili flakes and nutmeg, pair wonderfully with the subtle lemon pepper filling in the ravioli. After just one taste of this sauce, you’ll be obsessed too!
Lemon Pepper Ravioli with Garlic Cream Sauce
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- 1 recipe Lemon Pepper Ravioli
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic diced
- 1 pinch of red pepper flakes
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese freshly grated
- 2 pinches nutmeg
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add in the ravioli to your boiling water and cook for 4 minutes, until al dente.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a frying pan on medium-high heat. Add in the garlic and fry for 1-2 minutes until the edges begin to brown. Add in the red pepper flakes and cook for an additional 30 seconds. Pour in the heavy cream and bring to a simmer. Add the parmesan cheese along with 1/4 cup of the pasta water and cook for an additional three minutes to thicken. Season with nutmeg, salt, and pepper, to taste.
- Once cooked, drain the pasta and add straight into the sauce. Stir gently to combine. Serve immediately.