Basil pesto is truly one of the wonders of the world. Simple yet flavorful, this Italian classic brings out the beautiful flavor of basil and garlic. Pine nuts and parmesan cheese add a rich nuttiness that perfectly constants the kick of heat from the red pepper flakes. Altogether, it is a bright, colorful, and flavor-packed sauce that fits excellently into the grooves of Handmade Trofie pasta. Both the handmade pasta and sauce can be whipped up from scratch in under an hour. A boujee homemade Italian dinner in less than 60 minutes?! YES SIR/MA’AM!
Trofie Al Pesto
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- 1 recipe handmade Trofie pasta
- 2 cups packed fresh basil leaves
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil divided
- Kosher salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Red pepper flakes to taste
- ¼ cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add in the handmade Trofie pasta and cook to al dente, about 4-5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, pulse the basil, garlic, pine nuts, and parmesan cheese in a food processor until coarsely chopped. Add in the olive oil and process until fully incorporated and smooth. Taste then season with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes.
- Once cooked, drain the pasta and place it in a large bowl. Pour the pesto over the cooked pasta and stir to fully combine. Serve hot or cold.