Step out of the way Mashed Potatoes! Smashed Potatoes are making their way through!
Though I do LOVE mashed potatoes and swear they are my second favorite use of potatoes (after French Fries, of course!) but Smashed Potatoes are close third! They have the creaminess of mashed potatoes and the crispiness of fries all in a small package. These are flavored with garlic, olive oil, and parsley; but you can spice them up however you’d like!
Garlic Smashed Potatoes
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- 1 lb. baby Yukon Gold potatoes
- 1/2 cup olive oil divided
- Flakey sea salt
- Freshly cracked pepper
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. Boil salted water in a large pot. Add in the potatoes and simmer until the potatoes are tender, about 15 minutes. Drain and let sit until cooled slightly and completely dried.
- On a large baking sheet, pour 1/4 cup olive oil then pour on the potatoes. Using the bottom of a glass or mason jar, press down on potatoes to smash them into flat patties. Flip each of the potatoes to coat both sides in the oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 15 minutes, flip, then bake for another 15 minutes, until crispy. Remove from the oven. Heat the other 1/4 cup of olive oil in a small pan. Add in the garlic and fry until golden brown. Immediately take it off the heat and add int the parsley. Spoon the mixture onto the potatoes, season again with salt and pepper, then serve immensely.