Today is the premiere of my brand new show, Extreme Kitchens! In this episode, I am taking the kitchen outside and cooking in a tent! I’m elevating classic canned baked beans and making them a bit more boujee. It’s packed with tons of flavor from the spicy Italian sausage, maple syrup, and more! If I can make it in a tent, then you can make it at home no matter how unconventional your kitchen is at home!
Boujee Baked Beans
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 2 hot Italian sausages chopped
- 1 – 28 ounce can baked beans
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- Kosher salt to taste
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Heat the oil in a medium-sized pot on a high flame. Add in the chopped sausage and fry until golden brown on the edges, about 4-5 minutes. Pour in the can of baked beans, brown sugar, maple syrup, yellow mustard, ketchup, salt, and pepper. Cook for 12 minutes on low flame, until thickened. Taste then adjust seasoning and serve.