Before you make this recipe, it’s important that I let you know that this recipe will ruin all other potato dishes for you forever! These Roasted Hasselback Potatoes With Thyme are literally the most delicious way to eat potatoes. Don’t even attempt to @ me about this!
The special technique of thinly slicing the mini potatoes three quarters of the way through, then brushing it with the herb oil and baked to perfection results in a a crunchy exterior and pillowy inside.
Roasted Hasselback Potatoes With Thyme
- 8-10 small Yukon Gold potatoes, washed and dried completely
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 bunch of thyme
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees fahrenheit.
- Using a wooden spoon to hold the potato, place each potato in the spoon and make vertical slits thought the length of the potato, being careful not to cut all the way through. Repeat with all the potatoes.
- In a mortar and pestle or food processor, grind together the coarse sea salt, freshly ground pepper, thyme, and garlic until broken down. Add in the olive oil, slowly, and mix until it forms a paste.
- Place the potatoes in a greased baking dish. Brush the top of the potatoes with the oil mixture, getting bits of the thyme and garlic in between the slits.
- Place in the oven to bake. After 20 minutes, remove from the oven and baste with more of the oil mixture. Bake for an additional 20 minutes until the edges are golden brown and the center is cooked fully.
© 2023 Eitan Bernath Productions, LLC.