Whether you are making a party platter, hungry for a late night snack, or trying to satisfy your midday cravings, nachos are always the answer! Just like when building a house, you have to start with a strong foundation, so frying your own tortilla chips is the way to go. I like to top it off with some homemade refried beans that are a little spicy and smokey from the chipotles in adobo. After the beans, I top it off with all the classics, corn, pico de gallo, sliced radishes, jalapeno, cilantro, and scallions. Each bite is packed with tons of delicious flavors and textures!
Loaded Black Bean Nachos
For the Refried Black Beans:
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- ½ onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- ½ chipotle in adobo, chopped
- ½ teaspoon adobo sauce
- 1 15-oz. can black beans
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
For the Remaining ingredients:
- 1 bag Tortilla chips
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 jalapeño, thinly sliced
- Thinly sliced radishes (for serving)
- 2 cups pico de gallo
- ½ cup charred corn
- Scallions, thinly sliced
For the Black Beans:
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add 1 tablespoon of oil. Add onion, garlic, and chipotle in adobo, and cook until softened, 3-4 minutes. Transfer the mixture into a food processor along with black beans, lime juice, adobo sauce, salt, and pepper. Process until smooth.
- Heat up another tablespoon of oil in the same pan. Add back in the pureed black beans and fry for 1-2 minutes until slightly thickened. Remove from the pan and set aside in a covered bowl until ready to serve.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Arrange half of chips on a baking sheet. Top dollops of half of beans, a sprinkle of half of each cheese, then repeat with another layer of each.
- Place baking sheet in the oven and bake until cheese is melted and gooey, about 6-7 minutes.
- Serve nachos topped with pico de gallo, sliced jalapeño, scallions, corn, cilantro and radishes.
© 2023 Eitan Bernath Productions, LLC.