Today, I decided to put my culinary skills to the test and try to make butter by hand! I took on this challenge with my friend Natan and we had a blast! We may or may not have had to cheat by using a stand mixer because we got tired of mixing! I included my recipe below for Homemade Butter if you want to try making it yourself. I highly recommend using a stand mixer, unless you want a crazy workout with a whisk!
- 1 quart heavy cream
- Pinch of salt, optional
- Into the bowl of an electric mixer with the whisk attachment, add in the heavy cream.
- Beat the heavy cream for 5-10 minutes until the butterfat separates from the buttermilk.
- Remove the butterfat from the bowl and rinse under some water to remove all the excess buttermilk.
- (Optional) Add a generous pinch of salt to the butter, to make salted butter.
- Form the butter into a log, using some parchment paper and place in the fridge until you are ready to use.
© 2023 Eitan Bernath Productions, LLC.