Pumpkin Spice Buns
Pumpkin Spice Dough:
- ½ cup whole milk
- ¼ cup water
- 1 ¼ ounce packet active dry yeast 2 ¼ teaspoons
- ¼ cup butter melted
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree
- ¼ tsp pumpkin spice
- 2 ¾ cups all-purpose flour plus more for dusting
- ¾ tsp salt
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- ½ tsp pumpkin spice
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3 tbsp milk
- 1 tbsp pumpkin puree
- ¼ tsp pumpkin spice
For the Pumpkin Spice Dough:
- Warm the water and milk in a saucepan over a low heat until it reaches 100-110 degrees fahrenheit. Remove from the heat and sprinkle the yeast on top, then sprinkle a pinch of sugar on top of that.
- Set it aside for 5 minutes, then whisk the melted butter, egg yolk, pumpkin puree, and pumpkin spice into the yeast mixture. In a large bowl mix the flour and salt, until combined. Make a well in the center of the flour and add in the liquid ingredients and stir with a wooden spoon until it comes together into a soft, sticky dough. On a lightly floured surface and knead the dough for 5 minutes.
- Place in a greased bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Set aside for 1-2 hours or until it doubles in size.
For the Pumpkin Filling:
- In a small bowl, mix all the ingredients for the filling, until fully combined
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Roll out the dough onto a floured surface to 20 inches by 12.
- Slather the Pumpkin Filling all over the rolled out dough. Starting at one of the long ends, tightly roll up the dough and sit it seam side down. Cut it with a serrated knife into 12 equal pieces. Place each of the buns into a greased muffin tin. Cover, and let it rise again for 30 minutes. Bake for 30-40 minutes, until golden brown on top.
- In a small bowl, mix all the ingredients for the glaze, until fully combined.
- Pour the glaze over the warm buns before serving.
Calories: 721.78kcal | Carbohydrates: 134.92g | Protein: 12.72g | Fat: 15.26g | Saturated Fat: 8.76g | Trans Fat: 0.47g | Cholesterol: 80.79mg | Sodium: 470.62mg | Fiber: 5.02g | Sugar: 64.19g | Vitamin A: 678.51IU | Vitamin C: 3.05mg | Calcium: 107.02mg | Iron: 5.38mg