Today I am making my Milk bread recipe! It is the perfect loaf of bread that is fluffy on the inside, crunchy on the outside, and buttery throughout. I am super excited to have partnered with Red Star Yeast for this recipe! I used their Platinum yeast blend which contains their premium yeast along with natural dough improvers that take your bread making to a whole new level! I love to eat this bread fresh out of the oven with some butter and jam spread on top!
- 5 ½ cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons Red Star Platinum Superior Baking Yeast® (from about 3 envelopes)
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 3 large eggs, divided
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, cut into pieces, at room temperature
- Non-Stick Oil Spray
- Flaky sea salt
- Cook 1/2 cup flour and 1 cup water in a small saucepan over a medium heat, whisking constantly, until a thick paste forms, about 5 minutes. Next, add in the cream and honey, then continue mixing until fully combined.
- Transfer the mixture to the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a dough hook and add in the salt, 2 eggs, and 5 remaining cups of flour, and yeast. Knead on medium speed until dough comes together into a ball. Remove from the bowl and knead until smooth, about 5 minutes. Add in the butter, one piece at a time, until it is all fully incorporated into the dough.
- Coat a large bowl with nonstick spray and transfer the dough into the bowl. Cover with plastic wrap or a towel and let rise in a warm place until doubled in size, about 1 hour.
- Turn out dough onto a floured surface and divide into 12 even balls. (First in half, then in thirds, then in half again.) Place the pieces of dough side-by-side into two loaf pans, six in each. Cover and place in a warm place to rise for one hour.
- Preheat oven to 375° F. Beat remaining egg in a small bowl. Brush top of dough with egg wash and sprinkle with sea salt, if desired. Bake for 40 minutes, rotating the pan halfway through until bread is deep golden brown. Immediately remove the bread from the pans and allow to cool slightly on a wire rack before eating.