I’ve got two words for you, “Muddy Buddies”! This easy to make snack is not only delicious but downright addicting. Some may even argue, life-changing! When you mix together cereal, chocolate, peanut butter, vanilla extract, butter, and powdered sugar, then pop it in the freezer, magic happens. Every time I have friends over, it’s the most requested food item. Basically, if Muddy Buddies aren’t part of your life yet, make them ASAP! You’ll thanks me later!
- 1 ½ cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ¾ cup smooth peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons butter/margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 7 cups chex cereal
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- In a double boiler on a low flame or a large bowl in the microwave, melt the chocolate chips. Once fully melted, add in the peanut butter, margarine, and vanilla extract then stir until fully combined and melted.
- Place the cereal in a large bowl and pour the melted chocolate mixture over the cereal. Mix until it’s all fully combined. Pour half of the powdered sugar over the cereal and mix until combined. Add in the second half of the powdered sugar to the bowl and mix again utill every piece is fully coated.
- Transfer the muddy buddies on to a large sheet pan. Place in the freezer and chill for at least 30 minutes, until the chocolate solidifies. Serve cold.