Wild Mushroom White Pizza
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
For the Pizza Dough:
- 1 ½ cups warm water
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 packet Platinum Yeast from Red Star
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- For the Mushrooms:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb wild mushrooms thinly sliced
- 6 cloves garlic
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- Kosher salt to taste
- Freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano
- 1 cup torn fresh mozzarella
- ¼ cup semolina flour or extra all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
For the Pizza Dough:
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine the warm water and sugar. Sprinkle the Platinum Yeast from Red Star on top of the warm water and allow to proof for 5 minutes. Add in the flour, olive oil, and salt. Mix with the dough hook attachment until the dough comes together into a ball. Knead the dough on a lightly floured surface for 5 minutes, until smooth.
- Place the dough in a large greased bowl and set aside to rise for 1 hour. Divide the dough into three even pieces and set aside on a lightly floured surface, cover with a linen towel, and allow to rise for 30 minutes.
For the Mushrooms:
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over high heat. Add in the mushrooms and garlic. Sautee for 5-6 minutes, until nicely seared on all sides. Once almost done cooking, season the mushrooms with red pepper flakes, kosher salt, freshly cracked black pepper, and fresh oregano. After another minute of cooking, remove from the heat, then assemble the pizza.
- Preheat either your pizza oven to 900 degrees Fahrenheit or your home oven with a pizza stone (or upside-down baking sheet) on the middle rack to 500 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Stretch out a piece of the dough to about 12 inches in diameter. Sprinkle a pizza peel or baking sheet with semolina flour (or all-purpose flour) to avoid sticking. Place the stretched out dough onto the pizza peel. Top with pieces of torn fresh mozzarella cheese, some of the sauteed mushrooms mixture, and a sprinkle of grated parmesan cheese.
- Slide onto the pizza stone in the oven and bake for 1-2 minutes in the pizza oven or 8-10 in the home oven, until golden brown on the crust and bubbly on top with some golden brown spots.
- Cut into slices, then serve immediately.
Calories: 977.43kcalCarbohydrates: 140.48gProtein: 33.23gFat: 30.41gSaturated Fat: 9.37gCholesterol: 34.76mgSodium: 1027.54mgFiber: 10.17gSugar: 3.31gVitamin A: 89.75IUVitamin C: 1.43mgCalcium: 433.45mgIron: 12.21mg
Tried this recipe?Tag %eitan% on Instagram!