Today I am making my all time favorite Fish Tacos recipe EVER! I have been making these Blackened Fish Tacos every since I can remember and they are a favorite in my house. I love tacos because everyone can get involved in making it. One person working on the protein, one on the toppings, one on the tortillas, ect. Alright enough said, just go ahead and make these yummy tacos!
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ tsp oregano
- 1 lb talapia
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- ¼ cup pineapple, peeled and diced
- ⅓ cup mango, diced
- ¼ cup medium red onion, Finely Diced
- 1 teaspoon jalapeño, Seeded And Diced
- Fresh cilantro, Chopped
- 1/2 whole lime, juiced
- Dash Kosher Salt
- Avocado Slices
- Corn Tortillas
- In a small bowl combine all of the spices. Pour the mixture out on a large plate and completely coat the fish in the spices. Heat the oil in a frying pan on a medium-high heat. Fry the fish for 3-4 minutes per side.
- In a small bowl, combine the pineapple, mango, red onion, and the jalapeno. Add the lime juice, salt, and cilantro. Mix until it's all combined.
- Schmear on some spicy mayo on a warmed tortilla, followed by few large pieces of the flaked fish, top with the salsa, sliced avocado, some cilantro, and freshly squeezed lime juice. Serve immediately.