It’s finally hot outside and today’s the last day of classes at my school which means summer vacation has almost begun and I am so ready! When it’s a hot summer day, all I want is to sit by the pool with a drink in hand. Since, as a teenager, I can’t have real cocktails, I like to make some mixed drinks for myself. My Non-Alcoholic Watermelon Mojitos recipe is my all-time favorite to make and drink. It is super refreshing and sweet from the watermelon juice and simple syrup. The lime juice and mint add more layers of flavor that give this drink it’s amazing flavor! Learn how to make this delicious drink by watching the video below!
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoons mint, finely chopped
- 1 tsp lime zest
- 2 mint leaves
- 2 lime wedges
- 1/3 cup watermelon juice
- 2 tbsp simple syrup
- Cubes of watermelon
- Mint leaves, to garnish
- In a small pot heat the water and sugar and stir until dissolved. Remove from the flame and set aside to cool to room temperature.
- In a wide bowl, combine the sugar, mint, and lime zest.
- Rub the edge of a glass with a lime wedge, then turn the glass upside down and rub the wet rim in the lime zest and mint sugar.
- In a medium sized cocktail shaker muddle the mint leaves and lemon wedge. Add in the watermelon juice, simple syrup, a pinch of Lime Zest & Mint Sugar, and ice. Shake for about a minute, until the drink is cold. Add some watermelon cubes to the glass followed by the mixed drink. Top the drink with some fresh mint leaves and serve immediately.