During the school year quick and easy to make dinners are a necessity. Lucky for you, I have a new and fun take on the classic chicken dinner that your family will love! This dinner is a meal on a plate of sesame crusted chicken with a slaw full of red cabbage, shreaded carrot, cilantro, thinly sliced chilies and a super tangy dressing. I encourage you to serve the chicken with all your favorite sides! Another reason I love this dinner is because it’s gluten free so my mom can eat it! I hope you guys enjoy this yummy meal!
- 2 large eggs
- Kosher Salt
- 4 chicken breasts, boneless skinless
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 teaspoon ginger, freshly grated
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/2 small green chili, thinly sliced (optional)
- 1/2 head red cabbage, cored and finely shredded
- 1 cup carrots, peeled and coarsely grated
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. In a medium sized bowl, beat the eggs with a little salt and pepper. Dip the chicken in the eggs, letting any excess drip off, then fully coat in the sesame seeds, and transfer to a large plate.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large cast-iron skillet over medium heat. Add the chicken, and cook until the bottom side is golden brown, about 5 minutes. Turn the chicken over, then transfer the skillet into the oven and bake until the chicken is fully cooked, about 10 minutes.
- While the chicken is cooking, whisk together the olive oil, lime juice, ginger, honey, salt, and pepper, in a large bowl. Toss the cabbage, carrots, chili, and cilantro in the dressing to coat. Serve with the chicken.