These fish tacos are a great way to welcome in the warm weather. They are super fresh and healthy. It will have you wishing you were on a beach in Mexico sipping on some lemonade or a margarita for the adults!
My favorite way to eat fish is in a Taco! There are so many ways you can make it. You can fry the fish, bake it, sear it, grill it. I especially love this taco recipe because it is super healthy. It’s got Spice Crusted Talapia, Pineapple Mango Salsa, some sliced avocado, spicy mayo and some freshly squeezed lime juice to top it all off. It even sounds so yummy!
Spice Crusted Fish Tacos with Pineapple Mango Salsa
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ tsp oregano
- 1 lb talapia
For the Pineapple Mango Salsa:
- ¼ cup pineapple, peeled and diced
- ⅓ cup mango, diced
- ¼ cup medium red onion, Finely Diced
- 1 teaspoon jalapeño, Seeded And Diced
- Fresh cilantro, Chopped
- 1/2 whole lime, juiced
- Dash Kosher Salt
- Avocado Slices
- Corn Tortillas
For the Fish:
- In a small bowl combine all of the spices. Pour the mixture out on a large plate and coat the fish in it.
- Heat a frying pan on a medium-high heat and put the olive oil in the pan.
- Cook the fish for 3-4 minutes per side.
For the Salsa:
- In a medium bowl, combine the pineapple, mango, red onion, and the jalapeno.
- Next add the lime juice and the salt and cilantro to taste.
- Mix until it’s all combined.
- Schmear on some spicy mayo on the warmed tortilla, followed by few large pieces of the flaked fish, top with the salsa, sliced avocado, some cilantro, and freshly squeezed lime juice. Serve immediately.
© 2023 Eitan Bernath Productions, LLC.