I have so many memories of sitting at the Friday night table eating a big bowl of my dad’s Hotdog Hungarian Goulash. As a little kid I only ate the hotdogs and potatoes. Every time I ate it there would always be a little “gush”, as I called it, left at the bottom of my bowl.
This recipe has been passed down in my family for many years. The recipe was my great grandfather’s, who I am named after. He passed it down to my grandmother. Who then passed down to my dad. Then my dad passed it down to me. Now I am passing down the family recipe to all of you.
Hotdog Hungarian Goulash
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 2 large onions, diced
- ½ green pepper, diced
- 1/2 tomato, diced
- 6 eastern potatoes, cut into 1 ½ cubes
- 1 tsp Hungarian paprika
- 3 knockwurst, cut into dics
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp celery salt
- Heat the oil in a pot.
- Add diced onions and cook for 5 minutes on a medium flame.
- Add the green pepper to the pot and continue cooking for another 5 minutes.
- Add diced tomato and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Next add potatoes and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Fill pot with water about ¼ inch above the potatoes. Add paprika then bring to boil then drop to low flame for 5 minutes.
- Add knockers and cook for 5 minutes. Add the rest of the spices and cook for an additional 15 minutes.
© 2023 Eitan Bernath Productions, LLC.