I love Indian food! I love it so much that I make it at home. To me there is nothing like a homemade, spicy curry. Just the smell makes my mouth water. I learned a lot of Indian cooking from my Indian neighbors.
I live on the corner of my block. All the kids who live on my side of the block are all friends. We always play outside on each others yards together. After telling them about my love for Indian food they now call me to come whenever they are cooking in the kitchen.
I watch, help, and even take notes on what they are making. After that I run home and make it for dinner so I can try it.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- 1 cup purple onions thinly sliced
- 4 eggs hard boiled
- 1/2 cup tomato chopped
- 1 tablespoon ginger grated
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon garam masala powder optional
- ¼ teaspoon coriander
- To a frying pan with melted butter add chili powder and turmeric. Then add the boiled eggs and mix around until the eggs turn yellow.
- Add onions and continue cooking. Next add the ginger. Add in milk, sugar, and salt. Let it bubble away for about 3-5 minutes to thicken. Add in the tomato and cook for 2 more minutes. Finish off the dish with a sprinkling of garam masala and some coriander.