Here’s the thing about potatoes, specifically french fries, they are great on their own. You know, french fries are crispy on the outside, soft on the inside, golden brown and hot from oil… I mean it’s just perfection. Speaking of oil, I teamed up with Chefman and am showing you how by uisng the Chefman Air Frier, you can make delicious Fenech fries with a fraction of the oil. Watch the full video, below, to see how it’s done!
But when you add a few key ingredients it gives them an extra boost of flavor. You literally are taking your fries to a whole new level! To elevate, these fries I topped them with loads of crumbled feta, a generous sprinkle of chopped parsley, lemon wedges, and a uniquely delicious roasted garlic aioli.
- 1 head of garlic
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 large russet potatoes, skin on
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1/2 cup olive oil based mayo (regular will work fine too)
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- Saffron, large pinch (optional)
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges + 1 tablespoon of its juice
- ½ cup feta, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Chop off the top portion of the garlic head to reveal the garlic cloves. Place the cloves onto a piece of tin foil and pour about a teaspoon of olive oil on top of them. Cover with the foil. Place in the oven and roast for 45 minutes, or until the garlic is golden brown and soft.
- Once garlic is fully cooked, remove from the oven and allow to cool five minutes. Squeeze 6 of the garlic cloves out of the paper skin into a bowl and set aside. In a blender or food processor, combine the mayo, dijon mustard, roasted garlic, saffron, lemon juice and a pinch of salt and pepper. Blend until smooth. Taste and adjust the seasonings to your liking.
- Meanwhile, cut the potatoes into matchsticks, 1/2 centimeter thick and 2 inches long. Place the cut potatoes into a large bowl of water and soak for 15 minutes. Remove the cut potatoes from the water and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Place a handful of the cut potatoes onto each of the wire racks from the Chefman Air-Fryer. Place the racks in the slots and close the lid. Click the “Fries” button and turn the dial to set to 18 minutes. Click “Start/Stop” button to start cooking time.
- Once cooked, place the fries in a bowl, season with salt and pepper, and toss to combine. Place the seasoned fries on a serving dish and top with the roasted garlic aioli, lemon wedges, crumbled feta, and parsley.