Lets talk about breakfast. I love breakfast! I don’t discriminate when it comes to the first meal of the day wether it is just a bowl of cereal, a nice potato hash, or french toast. I have actually posted a bunch of my favorite breakfast recipes here on CookWithChefEitan.com. I’ve done a Breakfast Potato Hash, Huevos Rancheros, and my Honey Appel Scones.
Today I am adding another favorite of mine. These French Toast Dippers are crunchy on the outside and super soft on the inside. They are delicious dipped into the Maple Yogurt. It is the perfect breakfast for any morning!
- 1 cup whole milk
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 (1/2-inch) slices day-old challah bread
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In a medium size bowl, whisk together the half-and-half, eggs, honey, and salt.
- Cut bread into strips. Dip bread into mixture, allow to soak for 30 seconds on each side, and then remove to a cooling rack that is sitting in a sheet pan, and allow to sit for 1 to 2 minutes. Next, dip egg coated bread sticks into cinnamon sugar mixture and toss to coat.
- Over medium-low heat, melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a 10-inch nonstick saute pan. Place 2 slices of bread at a time into the pan and cook until golden brown, approximately 2 to 3 minutes per side. Remove from pan and place on rack in oven for 5 minutes. Repeat with all 8 slices.
- Whisk together all ingredients in a small bowl. Refrigerate until using.