This week I decided to try out the Quinoa Bowl Trend for myself. I filled mine with steak, peppers, mushrooms, and onions. We ate this for friday night dinner and it was a hit! Its a super healthy and affordable dinner. There are so many ways you can make it. You can literately use whatever you have in the pantry or fridge. You can add in roasted squash, left over chicken, avocado, anything!
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon thyme, chopped
- 1 tablespoon basil, chopped
- 1 tablespoon oregano, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 chuck steaks
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into large chunks
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into large chunks
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into large chunks
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 5 baby bella mushrooms
- In a ziplock bag place the herbs, garlic, olive oil, lemon juice, and steaks and shake it around until the steaks are fully covered in the marinade.
- Place the bag in the fridge and let it marinade for 10-20 minutes.
- In a grill basket or a grill pan cook the peppers, mushrooms, and onions until tender and chared.
- Grill the steaks for 2-3 minutes per side. You can cook it to however you like your steaks cooked.
- In each bowl place 1.5 cups quinoa on the bottom. Then add on top the sliced steak, onions, and peppers.