I don’t often post recipes from my favorite cuisine, Indian. But today I wanted to show you how to make one of my favorite Indian breads, Roti. It’s a super simple flat bread that’s perfect with any curry or just done potato masala.
I am such a fan of Roti that I even have all the traditional rolling boards, rolling pins, and pans! I have so many that I need to keep them under my bed. Because, doesn’t everyone keep Indian pots and pans under their beds, right?
- 3 cups finely ground whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 cup water
- In the bowl of a stand mixer add your four and salt.
- Start mixing with the dough hook attachment until combines.
- Then add in the oil and continue mixing.
- Slowly add in the water until it forms a soft ball of dough. You may not need all of the water.
- Continue kneading for 2-3 minutes than cover and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Grab a piece of the dough about an inch in diameter and roll out on a lightly floured surface until its 8 inches in diameter.
- Cook in dry pan on a high flame, 1-2 minutes per side.