If you know me, then you know that I love anything and everything that is peanut butter. If it has peanuts or peanut butter in it, I am into it. I especially love peanut butter cookies. I am a cookie fanatic and I can’t decide if i enjoy making them or eating them more.
I actually really enjoy making cookies by hand, with a wooden spoon. One Yom Tov, I was in the mood for cookies but couldn’t make them because I couldn’t use the electric hand mixer. But I wasn’t gonna let that stop me from making my cookies! So I tried making them with a wooden spoon. I had a lot more fun making them by hand and make them this way even when it is not Yentiv.
I actually developed this recipe with my good friend, Manny. He’s not a food fanatic like I am, but I mean no one can resist making cookies. Especially Peanut Butter ones! He was at my house a few Sundays ago and we decided that we wanted to make cookies. Together we made these Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookies with peanut butter, California Gourmet Mini Chocolate Chips and chopped peanuts.
I had a lot of fun making the cookies with him. After we baked them, we were so happy with how they came out that I wanted to share our Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookies recipe with all of you!`
- 2 sticks butter (softened)
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp salt
- ½ cup California Gourmet Mini Chocolate Chips
- ¼ cup chopped peanuts
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cream together the margarine, sugar, brown sugar, and peanut butter in a mixer until light and fluffy.
- Beat in vanilla and egg until full combined.
- Next add in the flour, baking soda, and salt into the mixer and mix until combined.
- Finally add in the chocolate chips and peanuts and mix until combined.
- Drop the dough by heaping tablespoons about two inches apart on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 9-12 minutes.
- Cool the cookies for one minute on the cookie sheets then then transfer them onto a cooling rack.