I love cheese sticks. There is nothing like a hot, gooey cheese stick slathered with tangy tomato sauce! Deep Fried Cheese Sticks are my favorite side to get at a good dairy restaurant or pizza shop. As usual I wanted to enjoy this popular appetizer at home. So I got in the kitchen and figured out how make them!
Cheese Sticks are usually made with mozzarella which is yummy but nothing special. Using Sincerely, Brigitte’s Garlic Basil Cheese Sticks in place of the usual mozzarella takes the flavor up a notch. The richness from the basil garlic cheese sticks add another depth of flavor to the dish. Sincerely, Brigitte’s cheese sticks have a great mouth feel when melted and have a stretch to them which make each bite fun to eat.
After you coat the sticks in the flour, egg, and breadcrumbs, you fry them in 400 degree oil. It is super important that they are fried at 400. This high temperature seals the crust on the outside before the cheese starts to melt and actually drips out into your oil and make a mess. When this happens your cheese stick will actually be hollow since the cheese all melted out.
I know because I got this unpleasant surprise when I first fried them at 350 degrees. When I bit into one of the original cheese sticks hoping to taste the yummy cheese. All that was left of the cheese stick was a hollow coating. All of the cheese had melted into the oil and was now floating on the top. What a waste of delicious cheese!
- 1 cup flour
- 2 cups panko bread crumbs
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup whole milk
- 2 bags (6 Sticks) Sincerely, Brigitte Garlic Basil Cheese Sticks
- oil, for frying
- Preheat oil in a heavy bottomed pot to 400 degrees F.
- Place the flour, breadcrumbs, and eggs into three separate shallow bowls. Beat eggs till combines with milk.
- Take all the cheese sticks out of the individual wrappers. Dip cheese sticks into the flour, then the egg mixture, then the breadcrumbs, and then back into the egg mixture. Finally, dip the covered cheese sticks into the breadcrumbs again.
- Once you have covered all the cheese sticks, fry them in the oil for 30 seconds or until browned.
This post is sponsored by Sincerely, Brigitte.