Today I have teamed up with my all time favorite spice company, SpicesForLess.com, to give you this gorgeous Jamaican Jerk Chicken Salad recipe! A few months ago they had sent me some of their spices for me to try and I instantly fell in love with their products. We agreed that we had to work together so I been playing with their spices. Their Jamaican Jerk Seasoning really stuck out to its to me because its deep and complex flavors. All you have to do is slather the spice mix onto some chicken, add a little oil, then it is ready to be grilled. You end up with a super flavorful chicken with minimal effort. I then turned this idea it into a whole meal adding it as the protein to a salad filled with all the good stuff like heirloom grape tomatoes, jicama, avocado and more. I had a blast cooking and styling this dish and you will too!
I encourage you to check out SpicesForLess.com and try some of their amazing spices! They literally have everything under the sun…maybe even a few spices you have never head of!
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 cup cilantro
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper
- 2 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons “Spices For Less” Jerk Seasoning
- 2 cups salad greens
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- 2 cups heirloom grape tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup cilantro
- ½ cup jicama, cut into 2 inch matchsticks
- 1 cup assorted peppers, sliced
- In a food processor, blend the garlic, honey, lime juice, cilantro, and vegetable oil. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- In a large bowl, marinate the chicken breasts in the vegetable oil and jerk seasoning for at least 1 hour. Grill the marinated chicken for 6-8 minutes per side, until fully cooked. Slice right before serving.
- On a large serving platter, arrange the lettuce with piles of the chicken, avocado, heirloom grape tomatoes, cilantro, jicama, and assorted peppers. Serve with the salad dressing.