If you are looking for me right now, you can find me in my kitchen obsessing over this plate of Chicken Satay with Peanut Sauce. The flavor of these juicy chicken kebabs dipped into the rich peanut sauce is the perfect bite. These have always been something that I’ve wanted to try. I’ve just never gotten to making them, until today! I know what you’re thinking! But like do you even know me? I get extremely excited about food 24/7. I don’t believe there is a wrong time to eat food. You can wake me up at 4 am and offer me a nice guacamole burger and I’d finish it before you could say “Your Welcome”! I mean what isn’t exciting about food?
Ok, back to the chicken…I mean there is just something about this Thai dish that is off the hook! The coconut milk marinade keeps the chicken strips super moist and juicy so you will never have to worry about this chicken drying out. The marinade is also packed with some of my favorite flavors like turmeric, garlic, and ginger. The turmeric gives the chicken the famous bright yellow color. When I look at the chicken, I can image myself standing on the streets of Thailand watching a street vendor cooking these kabobs over hot coals.
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- Salt and pepper
- 2 lbs chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 cup peanut butter
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 2 teaspoon sriracha
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- ½ lime, juiced
- ¼ cup chopped peanuts
- In a medium bowl, combine the coconut milk, turmeric powder, ginger, garlic, cilantro, brown sugar, salt, pepper, and chicken. Place the bowl in the fridge for 2 hours to marinate.
- In another bowl combine the peanut butter, soy sauce, coconut milk, sriracha, sesame oil, lime juice, and peanuts until fully combined.
- Place the marinated chicken onto kabobs and cook on a grill or grill pan for 5-6 minutes per side.
- Serve the Chicken Satay Skewers with the Peanut Sauce and top with more chopped cilantro.