So the chagim are right around the corner which means we will all be cooking up a storm in our kitchens, preparing delicious lunches and dinners. But I feel like we don’t pay attention much to our breakfast. The past Rosh Hashanahs I just have honey cake in the morning with a bowl of cereal. So I decided to step it up with my Honey Apple Scones. They are filled with honey and diced apple. It’s the perfect breakfast dish for the Chagim!
- 2 ¼ cups flour
- 5 tsp baking powder
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 stick of butter, cubed
- 1 whole egg
- 1 egg yolk
- ¾ cups heavy cream
- 2 tbsp honey
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup honey
- Preheat the oven to 350 Degrees Fahrenheit.
- Pour all the dry ingredients in a food processor and turn it on a until it’s fully combined.
- Add in the butter and pulse a few times until the butter is the size of lentils.
- Next add in the whole egg, yolk, heavy cream, and honey into the food processor and pulse until just starts to come together.
- Pour out the dough onto a lightly floured surface. And kneed it a few time just until it comes together. DO NOT overmix the dough!
- Flatten it out into a disk about ¾ inches thick.
- Cut it into 8 pieces,like a pizza, and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Brush on the heavy cream and honey mixture onto the top and then sprinkle it with sugar.
- Bake for 15-20 minute until golden brown.