I created this recipe two years ago for my first gig at a passover hotel. I hand-made these kebabs for dinner for the 600+ guests. It was crazy! But also so fun cooking in a hotel kitchen. It was huge! It literately took up almost a whole level of the hotel. They were so popular that night, which was awesome. I knew I had come up with a great recipe. It’s a kebab of chicken, peppers, onions, and pineapple soaked in a killer marinade!
It’s the perfect dish for Shabbos, Rosh Hashona, or any night of the year! No matter when you make it, this dish will be a hit!
- 1/2 Cup Pineapple Juice
- 1 Cup Soy Sauce
- 2 tbsp Honey
- 1/4 cup oil
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1.5 tsp ginger powder
- 3 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch chunks
- ½ lb pineapple, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1 purple onion, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1 red pepper, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1 green pepper, cut into 1 inch chunks
- Combine all marinade ingredients in a saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 mins. Cool.
- After you cut all your vegetables and chicken for the kebabs, place in a 9x13 pan. Pour the cooled marinade over it. Cover and refrigerate for at least 3-4 hours or overnight.
- Run water over the wooden skewers so they do not catch fire on grill.
- Alternate chicken with veggies and pineapple on the skewer.
- Heat grill to med-high heat. Grill covered appx 6 mins a side until chicken is cooked through.