I know making your own bread might sound scary but trust me this is the easiest bread you will ever make. This crusty, fluffy, professional looking bread only uses four ingredients. Ya, thats right only FOUR! Just flour, salt, yeast, and water. There is no baking skills needed at all. You don’t even need to knead the dough. Its that simple.
Along with the bread I love to slather on some roasted garlic on top of my slice of bread. The creamy, buttery texture of the garlic on the soft bread makes it addictive. The little bit of fresh rosemary on the garlic before roasting gives the garlic an even better flavor.
- 3 cups flour
- 2 tsps salt
- ½ tsp active dry yeast
- 1 ½ cups water
- 1 bulb of garlic
- 2 tsps olive oil
- 1 tsp chopped rosemary
- In a medium bowl stir together the flour, salt, and yeast. Then add the water and mix until just combined. Do not over stir. Then cover the dough with plastic wrap and place in a warm stop in your kitchen for 10-24 hours.
- Close to when you want to bake the dough, preheat the oven to 450 degrees and put in your pizza stone to preheat. Also, place a dish with 1 inch of water in the bottom of oven to make a steam bath. This will mimic a steam oven which helps makes the crust crunchier.
- Meanwhile, pop your dough out onto a well floured surface. It will be sticky, but with floured hands you can easily form it into a round dough ball.
- Once you have a nice cohesive round ball, cut an “x” on top of the ball of dough using a sharp serrated knife.
- Next cut off the top of your bulb of garlic and place the bottom in the center of a piece of aluminum foil. Sprinkle on the chopped rosemary then pour on the oil. Finally close the foil by bunching all the excess foil on top of the garlic.
- Once your oven has come to temperature place your dough on the pizza stone and your garlic in the oven.
- Bake the bread for 30-45 minutes, until the outside is browned and the garlic for 30-45 minutes, or until caramelized.